Soft Claws were developed by a veterinarian. Soft Claws are vinyl nail caps that work great for problem cat scratching. Soft Claws are a great alternative to cat de-clawing. Soft Claws helps protect you and your home from problem scratching. If you've tried other ways of preventing your cat from scratching, you'll really appreciate the simplicity and effectiveness of Soft Claws. Training cats to stop scratching takes time and patience and is often ineffective. Nail trims last only a short time before claws are again sharp enough to scratch skin and cause damage to house-hold surfaces such as drapes, carpets and furniture. While scratching is natural behavior for cats, it can often cause problems for cat owners. For years, the standard solution was to de-claw the cat. Now your veterinarian has an alternative to de-clawing that is both practical and painless-Soft Claws Nail Caps for Cats. You won't believe how easy it is to apply Soft Claws yourself at home with a Soft Claws / Paws Take Home Kit.
Soft Claws Nail Caps offer an alternative for cat owners who face any of these common situations:
- Older cats at risk for de-clawing
- Kittens too young to be de-clawed
- Feline skin conditions irritated by hind-claw scratching
- Destructive claw-sharpening in the home
- Outdoor cats living indoors temporarily
- Unintentional injuries to you and your family caused by playful cats.
- Available in Small / Medium and Large
- Colors available: Clear, Black, Pink and Blue
- One package contains enough nail caps for 4 applications on Kitty's front paws. Each application lasts approximately 4-6 weeks so one package lasts about 4-6 months.
- ** With the new CLS (Cleat Lock System) Soft Claws are an improved design from the manufacturer. CLS nail caps have "cleats" that help the nail cap adhere to the nail. The result is a better fitting nail cap and longer lasting application.
Each Kit Includes is 4 complete Applications:
- 40 Nail Caps
- 2 Tubes of Adhesive
How to select the correct size:
Most average size cats wear medium. If your cat is very small boned, choose the small size. Very large boned cats tend towards large. Kittens usually are big enough to wear Soft Claws by 12-16 weeks of age.
Soft Claws will fit most kittens by the time they reach the age of 12-16 weeks. To test, try a nail cap on first without the adhesive. If it looks too big, don’t glue it on. The nail cap should fit snugly, like a glove. The nail caps can also be trimmed to fit if needed.
Kittens up to about 5 months of age and 5 pounds body weight generally fit into the kitten size.
It is best not to trim kitten's nails before application because their nails are so small.
Approximately 6 months of age.
Approximately 6-8 pounds.
Some kittens at 5 months may need the small size if they are growing fast or are large-breed cats.
Small-boned adult cats often wear the small size. If your cat seems smaller than an average full-grown cat, choose small.
Approximately 9-13 pounds. Most adult average size cats wear medium.
Approximately 14 pounds and up. Very large-boned and large-breed cats wear large. Maine Coons, for example, are very large cats and generally wear large